Table of Contents
- Information We Collect
- Information You Provide to Us
- Information Other People Provide About You
- Information We Collect Automatically
- Information We Obtain from Other Sources
- How We Use the Information
- How We Share the Information
- FORTUNE Analytics (formerly known as FORTUNE Datastore)
- Information We Collect From Fortune Live Media Account Holders
- Conference Applications
- FORTUNE Connect
- Collection of Information by Third Parties
- Links to Third Party Sites or Other Services
- Privacy Options
- Accessing, Correcting, and Deleting Your Personal Information
- Retention of Personal Information
- Our Commitment to Security
- Cookies and Other Online Tracking Technologies
- Online Advertising
- Choices Related to Online Tracking and Advertising
- Notice to Nevada Residents
- Special Note for Parents
- Non-U.S. Visitors
- How to Contact Us
California Notice at Collection and Privacy Notice
For individuals who are residents of the State of California.
For individuals located in member countries of the European Economic Area, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom.
U.S. State Privacy Supplement
For individuals who are residents of the States of Colorado or Connecticut or the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Canada Privacy Notice
For individuals who live in Canada.
Additional information regarding data collection and use related to FORTUNE conferences appears in the “Information We Collect From Fortune Live Media Account Holders” and “Conference Applications” sections below.
Additional information regarding data collection and use related to FORTUNE Connect appears in the “FORTUNE Connect” section below.
Information We Collect Automatically
We, our partners, advertisers, advertising networks or other third party service providers, as explained further in the “Cookies and Other Online Tracking Technologies” section below, may also automatically collect certain information when you visit our web pages, open our emails, use our applications, or otherwise use the Services. Such automatically collected information may include:
- The type of browser and operating system you are using.
- Your IP address or mobile device identifier.
- The domain name of your internet service provider.
- The date and time of a visit, information about the content you view and the features you access, the number of links you click within the website or applications, as well as your activity and behavior on our websites or applications.
- Location-based information regarding the state or country from which you accessed our Services.
- Information regarding the advertisements you have interacted with, viewed, or accessed, such as the number of times you view an advertisement.
Information We Obtain from Other Sources
We may engage service providers to collect information about you on our behalf. For example, as described in the “Fortune Analytics” section below, we may engage third party service providers to collect publicly available information about certain individuals who work at companies that are included on various lists, such as the FORTUNE 500 list. We may also engage entities who assist us in identifying individuals whom we may invite to FORTUNE conferences. Depending on the length of time for which you have been a subscriber, we may have received information about you and your subscription history from entities with which the publication was previously affiliated. If you use certain third-party payment providers to purchase a subscription, we may receive information associated with your account (e.g., billing address) from that provider.We also receive information from you when you interact with our pages, groups, accounts or posts on social media and other third party platforms. This includes aggregate data on our followers, data regarding how you engage with our content (such as likes, comments, and shares) and publicly available profile information.
If you choose to log in to the Services through a social media or other third-party account, we will collect your login credentials and any other information that you permit these social media or other third-party platforms to share with us. You should review and, if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on the social media and other third-party platforms before linking or connecting them to the Services.
- To fulfill requests for our publications, products or services, including to send you FORTUNE newsletters, facilitate and complete your payments and transactions, and to respond to inquiries about offerings.
- To provide you with the Services.
- To evaluate your eligibility for certain products and Services.
- To market to you and offer other products, programs or services that may be of interest.
- To communicate with you, such as to notify you of new products and services, provide you updates and offers related to your account or subscription, when we make changes to subscriber agreements, to fulfill a request by you for an online newsletter, or to contact you or respond to you inquiries.
- With respect to information collected in connection with our online forums and communities, to provide an interactive experience and facilitate participation in these online forums and communities and, from time to time, to offer you products, programs, or services.
- To improve the design and content of our publications and Services, which includes using analytics to develop new products and services.
- To conduct research and analytics.
- To enable us to customize your user experience and analyze site usage, including by tracking the online articles and digital content you have accessed and read.
- To offer you enhanced products, programs, or services.
- To permit third-parties to market and advertise to you.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and Fortune Media (USA) Corporation, including for billing and collection, and as we believe is necessary or appropriate to protect, enforce or defend the legal rights, privacy, safety or property of the Services, its employees or agents, or other users or to comply with applicable law.
- For other uses that advance our commercial or economic interests.
- In any other way as we may describe when you provide the information or otherwise at your direction or with your consent.
- As permitted by law, including for auditing, fraud and security monitoring.
How We Share the InformationWe may share the information we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, as follows:
- We may share your information with our service providers, business partners and vendors on which we rely to, for example, assist us in providing the Services to you. These third parties use your information as is necessary or appropriate for the performance of the services they provide to us, or as otherwise contractually permitted. For example, we may share information about FORTUNE conference attendees with our event sponsors.
- We may share your information, including information that is combined with outside records, with third parties who provide services to us, such as direct marketing services, in order to enhance our ability to market to you those products or services that may be of interest to you.
- As described in more detail in the section on “FORTUNE Connect” if you have activated your FORTUNE Connect account, we share information you have provided about yourself and information about your registration for, attendance at and/or interaction with events, content and offerings, as well as your “online status” and the date and time on which you were “last active” on the FORTUNE Connect platform with all other FORTUNE Connect members. All information you have included in your Profile is viewable by other FORTUNE Connect members. We may also share certain account details, including usage information, as well as aggregate and anonymized information about your account, with the relevant Enterprise Contractor (i.e., your employer or any other third-party that makes your FORTUNE Connect account available to you).
- When you request a magazine, service, or other product, we will share your information to the extent necessary to fulfill your request. We may contact you with special offers of possible interest.
- We will disclose information we collect about you when required to do so by law, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena. We also may disclose such information in response to a law enforcement agency’s request.
FORTUNE Analytics (formerly known as FORTUNE Datastore)Fortune Media (USA) Corporation may publish or offer for purchase data regarding companies or organizations that are selected to the FORTUNE 500, FORTUNE 1000, Global 500 and 100 Best Companies to Work For lists and other similar lists or rankings. If your company or organization is selected to be ranked on one of these lists, we may collect your name, business address, business contact details, additional information about your position in your company and information about your professional background and publish this together with the list or other publication. Such data is obtained solely from publicly available sources.
Information We Collect From Fortune Live Media Account HoldersWhen you register for the first time for one of our conferences we ask you to open a Fortune Live Media Account and to provide certain information, including your name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, the company you work for, and credit card or other payment information so that we can process and approve your registration and better assist you when you contact us in the future (e.g., regarding other conferences you wish to attend). We may also use your personal information to inform you about our services, upcoming conferences and marketing events.
Conference ApplicationsWhen you register for one of our conferences, we upload the data you provide to us during the Fortune Live Media Account registration process, and other information that you may provide to us in connection with your attendance at one of our conferences, into our mobile application for that conference.When you download and log in to use the app, you must provide your name and create a password and you may voluntarily provide certain additional data to us and other authorized users of the app, including your photo and bio.
You may also choose to import data into the app from a social media profile, such as from your LinkedIn profile.The app enables you to network and interact with other conference attendees by, for example, sharing your agenda and profile with those attendees and enabling in-app messaging.The default privacy setting in the app makes your profile, agenda and other information visible to other authorized users of the app, including other attendees.You may adjust your privacy settings in the app to the extent you wish to make your profile “Invisible” or “Public.”You may also visit the “Notifications” center in the app to adjust when you receive push notifications. We assign a unique user ID to your app on your device so that we can identify you when you use the app and collect user metrics such as how you use the app.We use the information we collect to operate and constantly improve our apps, to provide our services to you and other users and for promotional purposes.
Information We Collect When You Apply for a FORTUNE Connect AccountWe collect information directly from you when you apply to become a FORTUNE Connect member (also referred to as a “Fellow”) or first register with FORTUNE Connect, such as your name, title, organization, contact information, and payment information.
We may employ technologies to automatically collect information that you input into the FORTUNE Connect application form in real-time, whether or not you submit the application. We may use that information as outlined in the “How We Use the Information” section above, including to contact you, in an effort to better understand your interests, analyze usage patterns on our websites and let you know about products and services you may be interested in.If you apply to join FORTUNE Connect and are not approved to be a FORTUNE Connect member, we will retain certain information that you have provided. We will use such information for recordkeeping purposes so that we know you have applied to be a member, and for our marketing purposes so that we can contact you about other Fortune content in which you may be interested.
Information Collection for Accounts Made Available by Enterprise ContractorsIf your account is made available by your employer or another third party (“Enterprise Contractor”), we will receive certain account registration details about you, such as your name and contact information, from the Enterprise Contractor who makes your FORTUNE Connect account available to you. We may share certain information and account details with the Enterprise Contractor that sponsors your account, which may include information regarding your interaction with your FORTUNE Connect account, the frequency with which you use it, and/or aggregated or anonymized data about your use of FORTUNE Connect.
Information We Collect When You Activate and Use Your FORTUNE Connect AccountOnce you activate your FORTUNE Connect account, you can choose to add information to your Fortune Connect profile (“Profile”). For example, you may add a profile photo or provide information about your education background. The platform will also detect the location associated with your IP address or device ID and you can confirm whether or not to include that location, or another location, in your Profile.Certain Profile entries are mandatory, such as your name. You can choose to not populate optional Profile fields or delete the information you have included in those fields if you want to limit the Profile entries that are shown to other FORTUNE Connect members.In addition, we collect the “online status” and time each FORTUNE Connect user was “last active” on the platform.If your account expires, is revoked or otherwise becomes inactive, certain of your content, including comments and activity on the platform that are attributable to you, may remain visible to other FORTUNE Connect members.
Sharing Throughout the FORTUNE Connect CommunityFORTUNE Connect is designed to provide an interactive experience and facilitate participation in the FORTUNE Connect community. As a result, we share information you have provided about yourself and information about your registration for, attendance at and/or interaction with events, content and offerings with all other FORTUNE Connect members. For example, if you RSVP to an event, “cheer” content, or comment on a post, all other FORTUNE Connect members can see it.Your “online status” and the date and time you were “last active” on the FORTUNE Connect platform is also available to all other Fortune Connect members.All information you have included in your Profile is viewable by other FORTUNE Connect members.These features are key elements of the interactive nature of the FORTUNE Connect platform and required to use FORTUNE Connect.
Collection of Information by Third PartiesWe sometimes may offer conferences, contests, sweepstakes, promotions, editorial features, or other activities or offerings that are sponsored, co-branded or co-sponsored by or presented with identified third parties. If you, or your company or organization, choose to participate in such activities or offerings, your IP address and the personal information that you voluntarily submit or that other people submit about you may be provided to Fortune Media (USA) Corporation, our affiliates and such third parties. Fortune Media (USA) Corporation has no control over such third parties’ use of your information.
Email Marketing. If you prefer not to receive email marketing from us or our affiliates, you may opt out of receiving commercial email messages from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link that is contained in those email messages.
Telephone Marketing. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not wish to receive telephone calls from us.
Targeted Advertising. Please see our page and “Choices Related to Online Tracking and Advertising” below for information about how to disable cookies and other choices that may be available to you regarding targeted advertising.
To make such a request, please contact us at email@example.com.
Notice for Nevada ResidentsIf you are a Nevada resident, you can opt-out of sales of certain covered information that a website operator has collected or will collect about you. To submit an opt-out request, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and specify that you are a Nevada resident. You can manage your cookie preferences by clicking the “Cookie Preferences” button at the bottom of our homepage, www.betano888.co.
Special Note for Parents
The Services are not intended for use by children, especially those under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16. If you are a parent or guardian and believe we have collected information from your child, please contact us as set out under “How to Contact Us” below.
Non-U.S. VisitorsAny information we obtain about you in connection with your use of the Services may be processed and stored in the United States or other countries.
How to Contact Us